7 Best eBook Creation Software for Aspiring Authors
Are you looking for the best eBook creator software to publish your eBook? With hundreds of software and online tools readily available for use, it might be tricky to find one that is perfect for you.
Creating an eBook and publishing it might sound like a tedious task, but in reality, it is not. You just need to choose one software that works well for you and start getting your eBook ready.
Here is a comprehensive list of the 7 best eBook creator software that would help make your decision easier.
Calibre is primarily an eBook management system. It is an open-source eBook platform that allows you to manage your eBooks and read, edit, and create eBooks.
The interface of the software is a classic look and probably requires a modern look. But, it has all the components you need to create an eBook in any eBook format you need.
- Option to convert between PDF, ePUB, and MOBI.
- Supports many input file formats like DOCX, PDF, HTML, AZW, and more.
- It has an in-built cover creator.
- It is available for Windows, iOS, and Linux.
Sigil is a free, open-source platform that helps create eBooks. It is hugely helpful for aspiring authors and expert writers. The platform has a clean and intuitive interface that allows a writer makes their eBook seamlessly and in no time.
- Converts files to ePUB format for export.
- Provides WYSIWYG editing.
- Add visuals and audio.
- Compatible with Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android.
Canva is another great tool that allows writers to create eBooks for free. Since it is primarily used to create designs for social media and posters, it is one of the best choices to use for making an eBook that is heavy on imagery and focuses more on the visual elements.
- A library of templates that allows users to customize it according to their needs.
- Option to add your own images in the eBook.
- Download your file as a PDF.
Scrivener is advanced writing software for writers and marketed as a go-to-app for creating and publishing their own eBooks. It is the perfect choice for writers who want to write fiction, research articles, and screenplays.
It has a couple of unique options that create an organized and distraction-free environment for the writers.
- It formats eBooks in all types of formats, including PDF, ePUB, and MOBI.
- Easy drag and drop option.
- Collection of beautiful templates.
- It helps with plotting for fiction writers.
Apple Pages, formerly iBooks Author, is effective software that allows writers to create eBooks and textbooks for iPad, iPhone, and Mac. The tool is the counterpart of MS Word that comes automatically installed in most iOS products.
The software has an intuitive design and is easy to use. The tool allows you to work offline and also sell your books on iStore once approved.
- Add text and image with drag-and-drop use.
- It provides beautiful templates.
- Create multimedia content and access multi-touch widgets.
- Built-in accessibility.
6. SCRIBA eBook Maker
SCRIBA eBook maker is JAVA-based software that helps you create and design eBooks in ePUB, PDF, or ZIP formats. It runs both on desktops and smartphones.
- Uses already existing content in other formats like HTML, PDF to create eBooks.
- Supports plug-ins.
7. Adobe InDesign
Adobe InDesign is the master software used by professionals to create eBooks. It is the most advanced tool and requires time, patience, and a keen eye for detail concerning design and layout.
The software isn’t the best option for beginners, but this is the perfect bet if you need to create an eBook with stunning interiors.
- Enables to create interactive PDFs, eBooks, and digital magazines.
- Equipped with tools that make it easier to collaborate with other writers and editors.
- Users can add tags to footnotes and a table of contents with hyperlinks.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.
Choosing a good eBook creator software and making an eBook can be an enjoyable process. We hope this list helps you select the tool that works best for you and start creating a professional eBook.