eBook Cover Dimensions: Everything You Need to Know
When self-publishing an eBook, one of the most critical decisions is what dimensions to use for your cover. Your cover is the first thing potential readers will see, and it must make a good impression. This blog post will discuss everything you need to know about eBook cover dimensions!
What is the Ideal Size for an eBook Cover?
When you decide to self-publish your eBook, it is always better to have a stunning eBook cover design because it is the cover that attracts the reader to your book. Also, it is important to understand the various eBook cover sizes to make a good choice.
Here is a list of eBook cover sizes in pixels:
- Kindle Direct Publishing– 2,560 x 1,600 (1.6:1 aspect ratio)
- Illustrated books – 2,800 x 3,920 (1.4:1 aspect ratio) or 3,000 x 3,600 (1.2:1 aspect ratio)
- Audiobooks – 3,200 x 3,200 (1:1 aspect ratio)
Techniques to Make your eBook Look Professional
An eBook cover is the first aspect that gets the reader’s attention and you need to make sure it looks professional and appealing. Ensure you follow the below techniques while creating an eBook cover:
- eBook resolution is a vital factor to keep in mind. Using high resolution (300 dpi) is recommended if you plan to print it as well. However, 72 dpi is the minimum requirement for an eBook cover.
- When you make an eBook cover, always stick to either JPEG or PNG file format.
- Images in the cover should have a minimum resolution of 300 ppi (pixels per inch).
- Your eBook cover should have the RGB color profile.
In order to make sure your cover pops and stands out on the virtual shelf, it’s important to adhere to some basic design principles and use the correct dimensions. By using our guide, you can be confident that your cover will look great no matter what device or eReader your customer is using.
Related Blogs you Might be Interested in