How to Create an eBook in Google Docs
Have you wanted to create an ebook but do not know where to start? Do you have a lot of information that you would like to share with the world but don’t want the hassle of going through all the steps necessary for publishing your eBook in Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing? There are various eBook creation software available in the market. But, now there is an easier way!
This blog post will show how to create an eBook in Google docs. The process is easy and can be done by anyone.
Why Use Google Docs to Create your eBook?
Google Docs is a versatile, user-friendly platform to create eBooks. There are many reasons why aspiring authors should use Google Docs to create and design their eBooks rather than any eBook creation software:
- It is free to use. You don’t need to spend a dime to use it, and there is no license to buy it.
- With Google Docs, you can easily add images, videos, and links to your eBook.
- It is an ideal platform for collaboration. You can collaborate with other people, like your editor, on your eBook project. You can also track their edits and comments in real-time.
- It provides several templates for creating eBooks, making the process straightforward.
- Once your eBook is complete, you can publish it online or download it as a PDF file.
Steps to Create an eBook in Google Docs
The following steps will show you how to create an essential eBook using Google docs:
1. Step One: Go to the Google Drive website and sign in with your email address and password. If you do not have a Google account, you can create one for free.
2. Step Two: Click on the New button and select Google Docs.
3. Step Three: A blank document will open. Click on File and then choose “Make a copy” to save your project in your own Google Drive account. It is essential because if you do not save it in your account, you will not be able to access it later.
4. Step Four: The next step is to provide the document’s name. You can give the book’s title or your ebook’s working title.
5. Step Five: Click on File and choose New to create a new document. Choose one from various eBook templates options. Choose the one that best suits your needs.
6. Step Six: You can copy the eBook’s content or begin typing your eBook. After that, it is time to edit your book’s text, images, and layout.
7. Step Seven: When you are finished, click on File and choose to Publish to the web. A new window will open with publishing options.
8. Step Eight: Select how you want to publish your eBook in Kindle Direct Publishing. You can make it public or private, choose a domain name, and decide whether to include advertising. Click on Publish.
The great thing about using Google Docs to create your eBook is that you can always go back and make changes. So, if you don’t like the way something looks or want to add more content, you can easily do so.
We’ve covered some of the basics of creating an eBook in Google Docs in this post. We hope that these tips have been helpful for you as a starting point, so please share them with others who may be interested.
Related Blogs you Might be Interested in