How to Make an eBook into an Audiobook
An audiobook is an audio file that contains an eBook’s speech-based content. There is no denial of the convenience of audiobooks since you can have a good reading experience by listening to the eBook while driving, walking, cooking, or doing any activity.
To convert eBooks into audiobooks, you need the right tools or software to translate the text. The majority of the tools have in-built ability to read the text. Still, it requires additional support that makes the read-aloud option possible. That extra support is possible through TTS.
What is TTS?
Text-to-speech (TTS) is an assistive technology that reads digital text aloud. It is also called read-aloud technology. Many good e-reader apps have this in-built.
TTS works with many digital devices, including computers, smartphones, and tablets. All kinds of text files can be read aloud, including Word and Pages documents. The voice in TTS is computer-generated, and reading speed can usually be sped up or slowed down.
What are the Options to Convert your eBook into Audiobook?
There are a lot of ways you can convert your e-Book into an audiobook. With a suitable device or an app, you can easily convert eBooks and listen to them for free on it.
Turning your Kindle eBook into audiobooks using iPhone
- You need to go to the Accessibility tab on your iPhone. You can find it this way, open Settings-General- Accessibility- Voiceover.
- You can set reading speech. On the VoiceOver tab, go to the Speaking rate tab and adjust the speed (faster or slower) you prefer.
- You can choose the reading voice as well. On the same screen, you can select the voice you want to hear. Under the default dialect, you can choose one among the English-speaking reading voices.
- Download the Kindle app, and open the e-Book you want to read. Tap the e-Book and swipe to the page you want to start reading.
- Turn on the VoiceOver, and once it is enabled, you can return to your Kindle app. On the page, swipe down with two fingers to begin reading continuously. You can double-tap on the screen to stop listening.
Turning your eBook into an audiobook using Windows
Windows don’t have an in-built TTS like iOS devices and, and it would be best to download a third-party app. Readers can use TTS apps like Natural Reader, Balabolaka, or Audio bookmaker.
You can convert your eBooks for free into an audio format like MP3 or WAV with such an app. They support various input formats, including DOC, PDF, HTML, EPUB, MOBI, etc.
Before creating audiobooks, it would be best to preview and listen to them using the read-aloud feature. Readers can also choose a specific voice from a selection of in-built free and paid voices for their audiobooks. They can also customize parameters like speed, volume, and volume.
Many major publishers give the authors the idea to turn their e-book into audio formats as well because of the increase in popularity and demand. You can easily listen to any of your favorite ebooks on any good e-reader apps on your smartphone while you are driving, walking, or doing any work.
Related Blogs you Might be Interested in